Fall Guys has been withdrawn from Steam, which means it is no longer available for purchase (Epic Games acquired Tonic Games Group, the parent company Mediatonic March 2, 2021). However, if you have a copy, you may still access it through your library. Fortunately, Mediatonic will continue to support the game with updates. Which means, you are not required to migrate to the Epic Games Store. That's great news for those who don't have to worry about it. Oh, and you'll get the Legacy Pack for free, which includes some cosmetic enhancements, as well as the premium Season 1 Battle Pass!
For those who are new to the game, the only method to play on PC is via Epic Games. I am aware that some people disapprove of Epic Games and wish the game was still accessible for download on Steam. Sadly, this is the only option unless you bought it before on Steam.
According to the developer's Steam post, everyone who already owns the game on Steam will receive full support and all new updates.
Screenshot from developer’s Steam post
Where can I download or install Fall Guys you ask? Here are the platforms:
After installing Fall Guys on my Xbox, I was requested to link my Epic Games account to Xbox. My first thoughts of the game are that it is enjoyable and can be incredibly enjoyable online with a bunch of pals. Unfortunately, I was eliminated with 16 people remaining and plunged into the slime. I wasn't ready, lol. The next bout went well. I was in the last one on the hex map when I fell down with three people remaining. Here are two video from my first two bouts.
Oh, and people who purchased Fall Guys before it became free will be pleased with this news. The following is a quote taken from their support page:
Here's the Season Pass Trailer:
There will be 100 total tiers covered by the Season Pass. All players will be able to unlock 50 awards through the free progression route, and they may also choose to spend 950 Show-Bucks on the Season Pass to unlock all goodies. Anyone who buys the Season Pass will immediately be able to access the whole Ezio outfit for our upcoming debut season!
Release notes from FallGuysNEW ROUNDS AND OBSTACLES!
Free for All features 7 new Rounds at launch, plus 5 brand new obstacles!
- HEX-A-RING: You’ve heard of Hex-a-Gone, but have you ever tried jumping from tile to tile while the whole floor rotates? That definitely sounds challenging, but you look like you’re up for a challenge!
- VOLLEYFALL: Volleyfall asks, who can knock the ball into the other side of the court without the other players hitting it back into yours? Whoever gets the ball to touch the floor of the other player, wins!
- SPEED CIRCUIT: Speed Circuit brings a new level of chaos and momentum to Fall Guys! Navigate through the obstacles in your way and run three laps around the circuit without being flung into the misty slime.
- TRACK ATTACK: This truly is a gauntlet to test your Fall Guys skills. With obstacles like speed arches, jump ropes and bouncy floors, you’re bound to learn a thing or two. For both experienced and new players, there are so many ways to get to the finish line in this iconic trial of speed and agility.
- BOUNCE PARTY: We all love bouncy castles, but what’s it like to traverse the Blunderdome on one? The new material used in Bounce Party makes the floor very bouncy. One jump and you’re going flying! The bouncy floor can be your friend, or your foe while you bounce through hoops to score points.
- THE SWIVELLER: In this revolving Round, players spawn on a rotating ring and must jump over the oncoming jump ropes to avoid falling into the Slime! Get your jump timing wrong and you’ll be picking pink slime out of your ears for weeks!
- BLAST BALL: Last but definitely not least, welcoming Blast Ball. Players spawn on a platform in the Fall Guys arena, with parts of that platform collapsing over time. Pick up Blast Balls and throw them to knock each other into the slime!
With the Season Pass, a new currency is being introduced called the Show Bucks. Players who are also pre-registered for the game will also get a series of exclusive rewards.
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS!
- Major optimisations to various areas of memory usage, reducing instances of crashes on PlayStation
- Improvements to PlayStation FPS on object-heavy levels such as Fruit Chute, Slime Climb, Lost Temple and more
- Improvements to tails being grabbed from a distance by players experiencing high latency
- If multiple Squads get 0 points (particularly in modes such as Xtreme Squads) they will be eliminated instead of tying and moving to the next Round Fixed an exploit on tile levels such as Thin Ice, where players could spam jump and avoid breaking tiles (Thin Ice is back!)
- Fixed a Tail Tag exploit where players could stand on a podium and evade capture
- Fixed instances in Royal Fumble where the tail would disappear if the player with it disconnected
- Fixed pipes at the end of Pipe Dream overshooting players over the finish line
- Fixed the Options menu randomly appearing during gameplay on PS4
- Fixed “Multiple Shows Selected” showing when queuing for a single show in a party
- Fixed hoops spawning too high to reach on levels such as Hoopsie Daisy
- Fixed players queueing together being placed into separate Squads
- Fixed instances of players respawning in Xtreme mode
- Fixed Clank appearing yellow instead of Red or Blue in Team Tail Tag
- Fixed Thin Ice music in Finals Marathon
About: Fall Guys (formerly Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout) is a platform battle royale game developed by Mediatonic. It was released by Devolver Digital for Microsoft Windows and PlayStation 4 on 4 August 2020. Following their acquisition of Mediatonic, the publishing rights were transferred to Epic Games, who released the game for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S on 21 June 2022. On the same date, Fall Guys switched to a free-to-play model with full cross-platform play support despite the Windows version was discontinued from further sales.[source wiki]